Frequently Asked QuestionsRental Information
The Golf Shop at Torrey Pines provides rental items for use on the property on the day of play only. Please note that the golf shop does not make advance reservations for rental equipment.
Club Rental and Related Fees
- Golf clubs: 18-holes: $70 / 9-holes plus (twilight): $40
We have over 100 sets of Titleist 917 metal woods, AP1 irons, Vokey wedges and Scotty Cameron putters in stock. Men's stiff flex shafts and AP2 irons, women's soft-flex, and left-handed sets for both men and women are available.
- Golf carts (carries 2 golfers) 18-holes: $40 / 9-holes (twilight): $25
- Push carts: $10
- Golf shoes: $10
- Range balls: $6 to $12 depending on bucket size
The range is open to the public daily from 7 am to approximately 90 minutes before sunset, except on Mondays when it it closes for extended maintenance starting at 2:00 pm.
Gift Certificates for Golf
The City of San Diego, operator of the golf courses at Torrey Pines, does not offer gift certificates for rounds of golf. But you have some options:
- Book an advance tee time directly with the City of San Diego's golf reservations office. The city's golf operations offers an advance tee time service that will allow you to reserve a tee time over the phone up to 90 days prior to a specific play date. If this option works for you, please visit their website for more information.
- Buy a general purpose gift certificate from our golf shop. If you live close by, you can visit our golf shop and purchase a general purpose gift certificate that can be redeemed by your guest on the day of play for cash. Your guests then take the cash to pay their green fees at the course starter's booth. If you can not come to the golf shop, you can purchase the gift certificate over the phone (gift certificates are not sold on-line) by calling our store and it will be mailed to you or your guest. Alternatively, we can hold the certificate in the golf shop for your guest's arrival.
Please note that purchasing a general purpose gift certificate from the Golf Shop does not reserve a tee time for your guest. To guarantee that your guest has a tee time reserved in their name, you must contact the Torrey Pines' golf operations office for an advance tee time reservation a minimum of 8 days out from the day of play and up to 90 days in advance. A non-refundable booking fee is required to secure all advanced reservations. To book an advance tee time, please visit their website for more information.
Gift Certificates for Merchandise and Services
The Golf Shop at Torrey Pines offers gift certificates that can be used to pay for merchandise or services (for example, rental fees and golf instruction). Purchase the certificates in the golf shop using cash or credit, or over the phone using a credit card.
Resort Dining and Lodging
Below are links to two hotels within walking distance of the golf courses. Both offer dining and stay-and-play options. Please note that the golf shop is unaffiliated with the resort properties located at Torrey Pines and cannot assist in booking restaurant reservations or lodging arrangements.
Stay and Play packages at The Lodge at Torrey Pines can be researched here: www.lodgetorreypines.com/
Hotel reservations for The Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines Resort can be researched here: www.hiltonlajollatorreypines.com/